Monday, December 29, 2014

Luoyang, China Day 4 (Part 2, Luoyang to Xi'an)


Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!

May Allah have mercy upon us the sinners and may patience be with those flood victims all around Malaysia who were facing great musibah currently.

In my previous post Luoyang, China Day 4 (Part 1 - Longmen Grottoes), I already shared my wonderful experience in one of the three famous treasure houses of stone sculpture in China therefore I shall now continue with more awesome journey! Read through!

I showed some of the things sold at the Pedestrians Street and here some more!
Beautiful bracelets and necklaces made from jade.
All these are genuine and yet cheap.
Varies types of street foods to try.
All these were non-Halal but tomorrow (Day 5) at Xi'an's Muslim street nothing but Halal.
Good things come to those who waits!
I don't know what were these but I imagined that they are crispy and sweet, can I do that, imagine the taste? Haha layankan je la ea

Actually there were more handcrafts and beautiful embroidery stuffs but I was too busy shopping so no pictures, sorry hihi!

Anyway, after all the shopping we finally went to a Halal restaurant situated about 30 minutes from the Longmen Grottoes.
Yes, that the sign of Halal. Name of this restaurant? Read it if you can cause I can't, sorry.
This was how the restaurant looks like from inside. Pretty decent just excuse the washroom part.
We (Muslim) performed our prayers here as the restaurant was kind enough to close one VIP dining room for us to pray. 

And so this was how our trip in Luoyang ended. I believe there are many more wonderful places to visit here in Luoyang but our trip was short thus we only had limited time to see it all. But one fine day I wish to return here and finish where I stopped, InshaAllah.

About 1.30 pm we finally leaved Luoyang and headed back to Xi'an by bus. I was so sad, no! I was devastated to leave Mr Leo. Its okay to leave this magnificent city but that adorable tour guide, haish..kidding! Hahaha! But it was...

The journey back to Xi'an supposed to take about 5 to 6 hours but we got lost and it took us 9 hours! It was such a waste of time and because of that we missed our Musical Fountain Square at Grand Big Wild Goose Pagoda.

I am not quite sure how did we got lost but perhaps it was because the bus driver was originated from Luoyang and when he was asked to drive to Xi'an, 'incident' happened. Didn't he owned a GPS? Yes he did, hmm.. But anyway, good experience (good but I wish it will never ever ever happen ever again). Heh.

Taking highway route gave us the opportunity to see this scenery.
Ron 93 and 95 available at the gas station.
Fall asleep and got up and suddenly its almost dawn. And yet, still far away to go.
We stopped by at one of the R&R (Rest and relax) pit stop along the way.
Restaurant available there.
And also mini mart to get some snacks.
To get Halal snacks, you gotta read at the back carefully and find the China's Halal symbol.
The R&R provided not only washroom, restaurant and mini mart but also one narrow alley with many ceramics based stuffs. Many were Chinese's tea pots with lovely design and size, vases with beautiful hand-painted arts (which I regretted I didn't buy it for my mother because I thought it will be available in Xi'an's Muslim street and which obviously it didn't. So if you like it, just buy it!) and of course Jades and many other things.

At about 6 pm we continued the long journey..
Police car, like those in the Chinese movie!
Toll plaza that looks like the front 'head' of a mini train. 
And finally at about 10.30 pm we safely arrived at Xi'an, Alhamdulillah and we were starving! I ate biscuits along the way that once arrived my face already looks like one gaaaahhh! But no worries, I'll let you know how to avoid this 'incident' in my future post in tips to travel in China (tips that I learnt the hard way..sob)

This is where we had our late dinner that night. I supposed it can be called as supper.
And thank god no one died due to starving but believe me, many where diagnosed with high blood pressure that night!
Just thinking of it back still able to make me frustrated, Astaghfirullahal a'zim..
The foods were tasty unfortunately we were too tired to open our mouths, except for that akak in the middle who seems to enjoyed her cup of tea.
After dinner we checked in to the same hotel as in Day 1 we arrived in Xi'an, the MengFei Hotel or also known as Flying Dragon Hotel

8821, the heaven I slept in after a long wasted tiring day Zzz 
I will continue with our final day in China in my next post. Many places to share in my last day there and this is because, our guide in Xi'an cramp everything in the final day.

Til then, Assalamualaikum w.b.t!
Have a barakah day and be grateful always!

No comments:

Post a Comment